Bob teaches on a wide variety of topics and to different levels, from illiterate peasants in Central America, inmates and immigrants to mainstream church congregations, pastors and graduate theology students.
The following list of topics and courses below include the topics he most frequently teaches on:
- Reading the Bible with the excluded
- Reading difficult Old Testament texts to find Good News
- Facilitating participatory Bible study
- Missions at the margins of society
- Advocacy and spiritual accompaniment: walking with people on the margins
- Breaking the chains: biblical perspectives on resisting structural and personal evil
- Prophetic ministry: social and personal
- Intimacy with God through contemplative prayer.
Bob also teaches on the ministry of Jesus and the Kingdom of God, including:
- Baptism and empowerment by the Holy Spirit
- Advocacy and solidarity
- Healing and deliverance
- Prophetic evangelism
- Non-violence and the way of the cross
- Sustainable development and evangelism.
The People’s Seminary is Bob and Gracie’s training ministry, which runs various courses, including the Certificate in Transformational Ministry on the Margins.