- September 8: God’s Mission and Ours in Genesis 1
- September 15: Departure and Re-entry into the Garden (Genesis 2-4)
- September 22: Abraham’s Call and Ours in Genesis 12
- September 29: Exodus: Hearing God for Liberation and Mission
- October 6: Mission According to Isaiah 1-39
- October 13: Mission According to Isaiah 40-55
- October 20: Jesus’ Baptism and Ours
- October 27: The Ministry of Jesus in the Gospels
- November 3: Healing in the New Testament and Today
- November 10: Kingdom Identity 1, Nationalism and the Powers
- November 17: Advocacy in Biblical Perspective
- November 24: Reading the Bible at the Margins
- December 1: Mission According to the Acts of the Apostles
- December 8: Mission According to the Apostle Paul
- December 15: Bible Study on John 4
Cost: $225 – $60 of which goes to cover CTMMs in the global South. Partial and full scholarships are available.
Mental Health: Therapeutic and Jesus-informed Accompaniment i
Our world is witnessing a spiritual and psychological emergency of mental health issues, dual diagnoses, self medication and self harm. This course aims to equip us to see mental health sufferers as an under-reached people group waiting to hear Jesus’ message of healing and liberation.
We will combine therapeutic and theological ideas to address the individual, social, biological, and spiritual roots of mental illness. We aim to provide participants with a general understanding of mental health labels so we can accompany people as they get to know Jesus who gives us our authentic adopted title. We will explore how to accompany people prophetically, pastorally, and therapeutically in their journey to freedom.
Each class session will consist of Heidi Basely’s teaching on mental health disorders, followed by a Biblical reflection led by Gracie or Bob Ekblad on Jesus’ encounters and teachings.
When: Mondays, 11:30am-1:00pm (PST)
- September 14: Introductions to Mental Health Models for Holistic Healing and Liberation
- September 21: Anxiety, Depression, and Bipolar Disorder
- September 28: Personality Disorders
- October 5: Eating Disorders—Bulimia, Anorexia, Binge-Eating
- October 12: Psychosis and Schizophrenia
- October 19: Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and Phobias
- October 26: PTSD and Trauma
- November 2: Dissociative Disorders
- November 9: Narcissistic/Family
Systems: How Our Roots Influence Our Lives
- November 16: Suicide Awareness and Prevention
- November 23: Therapeutic, Pastoral, Prophetic Accompaniment
Cost: $150 – $50 of which goes to cover CTMMs in the global South
Partial and full scholarships are available upon request
For more information and registration click here.
Recovering: From Brokenness and Addiction to Blessedness and Community is a ten-week webinar course taught by Aaron White beginning September 17, 2020.
This Guerrilla Webinar course will examine the widespread phenomenon of addictions and attachments—not only related to drugs and alcohol—that threatens to steal away our created purpose in Jesus.
It will help participants explore the root causes of addiction; the danger of attaching our passions to anything other than God; the general failure of Church and society to help people through their pain; and the invitation Jesus makes to live together in holistic freedom. Jesus’ antidote to the pain and isolation that leads to addiction is Beatitude Community with him and with each other. We will look at how the Beatitudes speak to our deepest human condition and offer us hope to overcome our attachments and disordered desires.
When: Thursdays,12:00-1:00pm (PST)
- September 17: Broken
- September 24: Blessed
- October 1: Poverty of Spirit
- October 8: Mourning
- October 15: Meekness
- October 22: Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness
- October 29: Mercy
- November 5: Purity of Heart
- November 12: Peacemaking
- November 19: Persecution
For more information and registration, click here.